Welcome to Register Owner!
It is easy to be an user of this International Owner and Origin Register and get the many benefits.
These are the simple steps:
1. Register the Owner
Download the free Register Owner App for your Sign up.
1. You need to be online.
2. Click ‘New User‘ and start with a free registration of yourself as an Owner.
Be sure to use a secure password that you will always remember.
After registration you may:
– Contact other owners if you are the finder.
– Register your item.
3. Confirm your e-mail, and log in.
2. Register your Item
1. Log in to the Register Owner App.
2. Register an item by clicking ‘Get Reg No.‘ in the main menu.
If you already have a Reg No. You may now find it in the ‘Select a REG No.’ list and then fill in your information of the item.
– Read and accept the terms and conditions.
– Click the button ‘REGISTER’.
If for the first time
– Click the button ‘Get a Reg No.’
– Pick a Reg no. of your option.
– If a manual REG No., click the button ‘Check If Available’.
– If automatic REG No. click the button ‘BUY’.
– Confirm that you wish to continue, with YES, and Proceed.
– Use your PayPal or Credit Card to pay for the REG No.
4. Make sure you write your registration information in a manner that makes it clear to you what item has been found when you are contacted.
5. This is an open register, the content is visible to anyone, never enter any secret or privileged information not intended for the public view into the register.
6. We recommend the use of an anonymous email address, like email@example.com For more info go to the top menu and select Anonymous.
The payment is done by help of PayPal.
No PayPal account required, as you may pay directly with your debit/credit card.
There is only a one-off fee to get a Reg No. for 5 years or longer, which for now starts at €4.90. See terms and conditions for more details.
Upon payment the Reg No. will become your property for the given period, and may be traded.
4. Latest update
Keep the register updated.
The information you register may be updated by you for free at any time. This is what makes the permanent marking flexible.
Make sure you have the seller updating Owner, before buying any registered Item.
5. Multipurpose Reg No.
A multipurpose Reg No. is possible and is recommended for items you never plan to sell.
In the case of a Multipurpose Reg No., use Serial No. ‘999’.
If you plan to sell the item it will be practical to give it a unique Reg No.
If you give a new owner the multipurpose Reg No. he/she will be registered as the owner of all the multiple items with this Reg No.
6. General information
You may permanently mark your item with the registration number, add the short Owner no. web address wnr.no and any finder may trace your ownership.
A Reg No. and the wnr.no address may be added as a sticker, stamp, engraving, permanent marker, etc.
An item given a Reg No. and the wnr.no address shows that it is registered in the Register Owner – International Owner and Origin Register.
After registration ownership is traceable even without the Reg No., but just by the original identification or another registered ID or Serial no.
Any registered item will be traceable, back to its owner, and provides a good theft protection, and Item Return Service.
Register Owner is the world’s largest and most easily accessed register for owners, producers and re-sellers.
Register Owner is the only International Register giving the possibility to contact the owner, not only by the Police and Insurance Companies, but also for any finder, for free.
Through your Insurance Company you may get a reduced quote for Theft Insurance, if you need one.